k a r o l i n a
It's hard to look away with such unusual colours that are alluring and attractive... That what's the Aurora Borealis is like. Today, I altered a lantern, which has been made based on Finnabair's incredible newest products. ~Karolina
The brush went into motion, and so did Texture Fantasy – Rust Effect Paste 'Northern Lights'' and Art Alchemy – Opal Magic ''Unicorn Set''. I feel so inspired with their colours!
I always start altering by covering the item with gesso. This time I've chosen black gesso – it dries very quickly, and its matte finish gives depth to the work. I started adding colours by using paste – subtly rubbing them into the work with my finger. Applying them is so easy – you can do it with a brush, knife, sponge, or simply with your finger. Every touch makes the surface more rough and porous. I truly love when my projects are shining, so I added Art Alchemy – Opal Magic – Unicorn Set. These colours are really astonishing.
Opalescent paints look best on black and white surfaces because the same colour looks different on black and on white bases. To add extra texture I used Art Stones, metal flowers, and the cutest Art Pebbles – Sugar adhered with 3D Gloss Gel. I really think they're like the icing on a cake. These were my brand-new favourites by Finnabair! What are yours?
p r o d u c t s
- 964382 - Mechanicals - Metal Lotus
- 966027 - Art Extravagance - Texture Fantasy - Northern-Lights
- 965563 - Art Alchemy - Opal Magic - Unicorn set
- 961459 - Art Basics - Heavy Gesso - Black
- 961381- Art Basics - 3D Gloss Gel
- 963705 - Art Ingredients - Art Stones
- 963712 - Art Ingredients - Mini Art Stones
- 963873 - Art Basics - Double Sided Texture Brush Set 1 (3pcs)
- 892173 - Ingvild Bolme- Black Streer Signs
- 966287 - Art Ingredients- Melange sugar Pebbles
k a s i a
For this inspiration I have made a small, but rich in media and embellishments, box. I used the black ATC box, which is thick and can hold out a lot of paints and other water-based products. ~ Kasia
This project is really simple - try it! I covered the whole box and resin shapes with white gesso, and then I added the rest of the media. To achieve this unusual structure I used a new Texture Fantasy paste, which, in addition to this grainy texture, has amazing colors! I also used new Opal Magic paints - each one is an amazing color that gives the project beautiful flashes.
To add more bling to my project, I used beautiful new art pebbles, that shine with a lot of crystals.
p r o d u c t s
- 599430 - Altered Card Set Black
- 815790 - IOD Decor Mold - Medallions
- 965365 - Dabbing Brush Set 5 Pcs
- 966287 - Art Ingredients - Melange Sugar Art Pebbles
- 966102 - Art Alchemy - Opal Magic Acrylic Paint -Teal-Blue
- 966119 - Art Alchemy - Opal Magic Acrylic Paint -Blue -Green
- 961374 - Art Basics - Heavy Gesso - White (17 fl. oz.)
- 961398 - Art Basics - 3D Matte Gel (8 fl. oz.)
- 963958 - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax-Vintage Gold
- 966027 - Art Extravagance - Texture Fantasy - Northern Lights
Finnabair and her team are always so INSPIRING! Their amazing products, creative ideas, and gorgeous projects are always top notch! Join us with your own Art Recipe project and tag us so we can send some love your way!